- You’re probably staring at it in your hands right now. That’s right, it’s your cell phone. You can do more than just make phone calls, you can watch videos, text friends, and surf Facebook on it. My advice is this: Start calling people! Grab the phone book and offer your services to everyone in the Yellow Pages. Now, I know cold calling is one of the most terrifying things people can do, as opposed to a face-to-face meeting. But it is extremely effective and it will get results.
- Do a free give-away with one of your services in exchange for contact information and good reviews, or try selling them on other services. It's easier once they've seen some of your work. I have personally used this. If you go to my website, a lot of the videos there I did for free just for a good review. It also help me build a portfolio to show future clients. This method will work! It will cost you a little bit in time and resources but it is highly effective.
- Start a blog or vlog! Tell your story and share it on all social sites and email it to everyone you know. This is one of the most used methods by marketers today, for good reason, it works.
- Don’t like to write? don’t want to call? Try video. Set up a quick backdrop and a little bit of lighting, grab your cell phone, and do a Facebook live video. There’s a reason video is number one and it’s because people are lazy and they don’t want to read. Videos are easy to watch and are much easier than reading.
- One of the most powerful things you can do is build an email list and put together an email automation and/or drip campaign, or maybe a learning or educational series doled out over 3 to 4 months, one email or two emails a week. Always interject your products and services with links to great material. This works and you will be amazed at your return on investment.
And of course there are many other ways to market your business for little to no cost, and I will write many more blogs on the topic. This is a good way to get started with your business today to get results and get you where you want to be in your business. It will get you there faster than just about anything else without doing paid-per click or SEO tactics. It is a little more elbow grease with a big pay-off.